Shed Those Extra Pounds Effortlessly: A Guide To Weight Loss – weight watchers slow cooker recipes
How many times have you told yourself “I’ll never be able to lose weight – what’s the use in trying?” You’re not alone in your struggle. Many Americans are confused about effective ways to shed unwanted pounds, and many misconceptions about how to effectively lose weight exist. So if you’re feeling confused, read on!
To avoid temptations and improve weight loss results, you should avoid keeping foods that are outside of your dietary guideline, in your home. By keeping distractions such as sweets or chips out of the house, you can reduce your desire to eat these items. By reducing the desire and in effect, the amount of these types of foods consumed, you will have improved weight loss results.
Reduce the size of your meals slowly. If you make a sudden, drastic change to the portion size, your body will think that it has not eaten enough after a meal, and will compensate by reducing the rate that it uses energy. By reducing the portions a little at time, your body will have time to adjust, and you will not be tempted to eat more.
Give your metabolism a boost by drinking green tea. Drinking green tea has quite a few benefits. One of these benefits is weight loss. Green tea can boost your metabolism. It also works to suppress your cravings and is a much healthier alternative to drinking sugary soft drinks and juices.
Order a small popcorn at the movie theater. People are very likely to eat more popcorn than they should in a dark theater. Resist the temptation to do the same by ordering a small popcorn. Also, make sure you skip the butter. Use the flavored salt some theaters offer instead.
Find a weight loss buddy. Choose a family member or friend who has similar goals as you. Also, you can make working out and dieting fun with each other during the course of your diet.
To start burning calories first thing in the morning, replace your coffee with a cup of green tea. Green tea contains substances like polyphenols and katechines that work as natural fat burners. Unsweetened green tea is also free of calories. Studies have seen that people who drink green tea daily see better weight loss results.
By now you’ve realized that effective weight loss is not only a doable and manageable goal, but it’s much simpler to attain than many people think. Simply by implementing a few strategies and tips, most people are able to lose weight at a healthy, steady rate, and are able to keep the weight off.
Slow Cooker Black Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
An easy, slow cooker Mexican recipe for vegetarian enchiladas that will leave you feeling wonderfully satisfied. These tasty spinach and black bean enchiladas are loaded with good for you ingredients that will not only be a party for your taste buds, but will also provide you with lots of nourishment.
- 1 14-16oz bag frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- 2 12oz jars salsa verde
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups reduced fat sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Juice from 1 lime
- Squeeze as much water from spinach as possible. Then, in a large bowl, mash 1/2 of the black beans with a fork. Add in spinach, corn, remaining black beans, cumin, coriander, chili powder, lime juice and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Pour 1 jar of salsa into bottom of the slow cooker. Evenly spoon the bean and spinach mixture onto each tortilla, roll up, and then place seam side down in the slow cooker. Try to lay them all in a single layer, so that they can be easily separated for serving later.
- Top with remaining jar of salsa and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours. Top with sour cream, fresh cilantro, green onions, jalapeños and any other toppings of choice.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 3 hour(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian
Diet tags: Low calorie, Reduced fat, High protein
Number of servings (yield): 8
Culinary tradition: Mexican
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 1 enchilada
Each serving = 5 Points +
PER SERVING: 217 calories; 5g fat; 30g carbohydrates; 15g protein; 10g fiber