Keep Weight Off With This Valuable Information -weight watchers slow cooker recipes
Weight loss can be a huge undertaking that involves changes in many areas of life. Struggling to find good information can be quite a chore. All of this in your quest to be a better you. Since getting healthy now is going to be better than doing it later, you will find helpful tips below.
When you are trying to lose weight, you should eat more frequent, smaller meals. When you do this, rather than eating a couple of big meals, you will find yourself less hungry and more in control of cravings. When you are in control, you will be a lot less likely to over-eat.
A great way to motivate yourself to lose weight and get more exercise is to join a team sport. For example, a game of pickup basketball can burn over a hundred calories in just half an hour. If you have friends counting on you to show up at an appointed time each weekend, you’ll be more likely to go.
Drink coffee one hour before you go to workout. Caffeine is not at all good for your body in large quantities. However, one cup of coffee an hour before working out can give you quite the adrenaline rush, allowing you to exercise more effectively and see results much faster.
It is important to reduce your sodium intake if you are trying to lose weight. Most people are aware of the impact salt has on high blood pressure, but it can also make weight loss more difficult too. Excess sodium can cause your body to retain water or become dehydrated.
If you work in front of a computer all day, get up regularly and walk around. Being sedentary all day is a sure way for anyone to gain extra weight. When you walk around, you are burning calories, and you might even lose that craving for a snack. All of this will add up to losing those pounds.
Splurge once a week. That’s right, order that pizza and eat that ice cream at least one time a week. Why? For two reasons: first, your body’s metabolism will kick into high gear when it realizes that there will be fluctuations in what you’re eating; and secondly, you’ll discover that it doesn’t taste as good to you as it once did, and you can’t eat as much as you used to. You’ll see how far you’ve come.
With these things in mind you are now better armed to go out and make positive changes in your life. In no time you can become the you that you were meant to be. Small steps in the right direction will get you to your bigger goal. Remember what you learned here and you will have success.
weight watchers slow cooker recipes
Slow Cooker Italian Pulled Chicken Sandwiches with Goat Cheese
- 6 sandwich rolls (I used Trader Joe’s Half-Baked Panini Rustic Rolls)
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 14-16oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet Italian dressing mix
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Add in Italian dressing packet and garlic. Coat chicken breasts well on all sides.
- Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken. Then add in red peppers and thawed spinach. Cover and cook for another two hours. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast rolls and spread goat cheese evenly amongst the rolls. Scoop out about ¾ cup chicken and place onto bun. Top with a few basil leaves and other half of bun.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s) Cooking time: 7 hour(s) Diet tags: Reduced fat, High proteinNumber of servings (yield): 6Culinary tradition: Italian